Very logo. Image courtesy of Wikipedia and Fair Dealing under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988
If you would like to provide feedback, file a complaint, or schedule a delivery with Very, you may get in touch with them using the methods indicated below.
1. BY TELEPHONE
Operating Hours: 7.00 a.m. to 11.00 p.m., Monday to Sunday.
• Very Customer Services: 0871 472 1697
*Calls cost 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge
• Very General Line: 0871 472 1697
• Shop Direct Group: 0151 432 1000 (ask the operator to transfer to Very)
• Shop Direct Switchboard: 0844 292 1000
• Very Cancellation, Insurance and Extended Warranty: 0800 092 9051
• Very Credit Card: 0333 000 0064
• Very Account Queries: 0800 389 5516
• Very Complaints: 0871 472 1697
• Very Returns: 0192 360 1616
• Very Customer Complaints: 0800 092 1920
• Financial Hardship Helpline: 0800 092 9042 (renegotiate repayments)
• Account Security/ Identity Theft Team: 0800 015 1290 (Monday to Friday, 8.00 a.m. to – 6.00 p.m., and Saturday, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.)
• Life Claim Team: 0800 111 4121
• Public Relations: 0844 292 2570
* Please note that all telephone calls to Very numbers beginning from 0871, 0844 and 0870cost 15p/mins, while local charges for numbers starting with 0845 is 10p/mins. Phone calls to numbers starting with 0800 are free of charge if using BT landlines and capped at 15p/mins if using other providers. Calls to numbers beginning with 01 and 03 are usually free in most plans. Where chargeable, however, the rate is 9p/mins. Please note that additional flat or metered charges may apply for some mobile providers, as well as international roaming charges.
2. BY EMAIL
Emails for feedback and support should be directed to:
For bloggers and journalists who would like to request samples for reviews, or just product images, please direct your emails to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow it up with a phone call to Lee Publicity at 0207 359 2288 or 020 7833 5885.
For public relations-related issues, please deliver your emails to Very’s PR managers:
• email@example.com (Michelle Miller, 0844 292 2570)
• firstname.lastname@example.org (Rachel Hodgson, 0844 292 1084)
To report phishing attempts, kindly forward your email to CustomerSecurity@shopdirect.com. This ensures that Very can report the spammers to their ISP, web host and email marketing company.
3. BY POST
To send a snail mail to Very, please use the company’s Merseyside head office address:
1st Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road
4. BY SOCIAL MEDIA
Befitting its young and trendy image, Very is exceptionally active on the social media, and the company has a presence in seven of the most popular platforms. You can say hello or send brickbats to Very using the links below.
Twitter Support: https://twitter.com/VeryHelpers
5. HOW TO LODGE A COMPLAINT TO VERY
For complaints about Very’s goods or services, the company recommends customers to call the Customer Service team at 0800 092 3355. In most instances, customer issues can be resolved with just a phone call.
For more serious or complicated matters, customers can use the online web form to file their complaint. The Customer Service team will revert back within a few business days to resolve the complaint.
If you prefer to lodge your complaint in writing, your letter should be directed to Very’s Customer Excellence department at:
They will provide an official acknowledgement within five days of receipt.
If your complaint is about Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) policy, you are urged to fill a PPI questionnaire, which should also be mailed to Very’s Customer Excellence department using the address above.
Very’s Toy Team members, Maya and Jack, having some fun on set. Screen cap from Very’s Santa's Toy Team video.
6. ABOUT VERY
Very is owned by billionaire brothers, Sir David Sir Frederick Barclay, and is a subsidiary of Shop Direct Group, which is U.K.’s second largest digital retailer.
Very has a long history which dates back almost a century ago. It was established in Liverpool in 1923 as Littlewoods by Sir John Moores, the former chairman of Everton FC (incidentally, his nephew, David Moores, is the former chairman of city rival Liverpool FC). In 2002, Littlewoods was acquired by the Barclay Brothers for a reported sum of £750 million.
The company then underwent several rebranding exercises which culminated in its final transition into a full online retailer under the trade name Very.
Today, Very is one of the market leaders in the clothing, apparels, toys and home accessories sectors among the younger demographic. Analysts attribute this to the company’s aggressive marketing and promotion campaigns which use young celebrities, popular TV shows and cultural events (including music festivals).
9. USEFUL VERY URLS:
Very website: http://www.very.co.uk/
Very Exclusive: https://www.veryexclusive.co.uk/
Shop Direct website: https://www.shopdirect.com/
The Very Blog: http://blog.very.co.uk/