Barclaycard Contact Numbers: 0871 472 1678
Calls Cost 13p per minute plus your company's access charge
Courtesy of Shutterstock
If you would like to get in touch with Barclaycard or any of its departments, whether about your account, current promotions or service-related queries, you may do so by calling one the telephone numbers listed below.
VIDEO: Barclaycard | Fraud Fighter Tool
1. BY TELEPHONE
• Customer Service: 0871 472 1678 (24-hour hotline) Calls Cost 13p per minute plus your company's access charge
• Customer Service (from outside of UK): +44 1604 234 234
• Customer Service: 0871 472 1678 Calls Cost 13p per minute plus your company's access charge, 0800 151 0900, 0333 200 9090
• Customer Service (from outside of UK): +44 (0)1604 230 230
• Deaf helpline/Typetalk: 1 8001 0800 161 5276
• Lost or Stolen Card: +44 1604 230 230
• Internet customer services: 0844 556 0105 0800, 161 5300, 0333 202 7900
• Internet customer services (from outside of UK): 01452 828 001
• New Applications: 0800 161 5308
• Benefits helpline: 0844 811 9141
• Hilton Honors Customers Services: 0333 202 1145
• Emergency card replacement and cash advance: 0800 161 5308
• Freedom Rewards: 0800 161 5303
• Barclaycard Secure/3D Secure queries: 0800 161 5306
• Specialist fraud advisor: 0800 318 665
• Barclaycard Cashback: 0800 151 0900, 0333 200 9090
• Customer Service: 0800 008 008
• General Enquires: 0844 822 2111
• Lost, stolen or fraudulently-used cards: +44 (0) 151 221 3808
• General technical support: 0844 811 6666
• Barclaycard Anywhere: 0800 092 0808
• EPDQ: 0333 202 7930
• Payment Acceptance: 0844 811 6666
2. BY EMAIL
Emails about general queries and feedback can be sent to email@example.com.
For businesses, Barclaycard’s account managers will usually provide them with individual emails. However, for issues relating to payment gateway interface, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. BY POST
Letters to Barclaycard from personal customers should be sent to:
PO Box 5592
Businesses, meanwhile, should direct their correspondence to:
Customer Services Department
PO Box 4000
For payment acceptance related matter, please send your letter to:
Customer Services Department
1234 Pavilion Drive
Courtesy of Shutterstock
4. BARCLAYCARD COMPLAINTS
For customers who want to lodge a complaint with Barclaycard, the first step is to call the customer service at 0871 472 1678 Calls Cost 13p per minute plus your company's access charge (personal) or 0800 008 008 (business). In most instances, issues are speedily resolved by the customer service department.
However, if the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can fax your complaint to +44 (0)1604 254 152, where an officer will liaise with your directly. If you, like most people, don’t own a fax machine, you can send an email to Barclaycard’s Online Dispute Resolution Centre at ODRSupport@barclaycard.co.uk. Alternatively, you may send a letter by post to
PO Box 10200
If your issue remains unresolved after eight weeks, you may seek the assistance of the Financial Ombudsman Service, an independent body created by the Parliament to assists members of the public. You can file your complaint with the Financial Ombudsman using
• Telephone: 0871 472 1678 Calls Cost 13p per minute plus your company's access chargeor 0300 123 9123
• Email: email@example.com
• Online Form: https://help.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/help
• Regular Mail: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
5. CALLING BARCLAYCARD CUSTOMER SERVICES
Barclaycard is a multibillion pound business with millions of customers. So when you call their customer service department, you will likely end up feeling annoyed for the long wait. But this is an easy problem to resolve.
First, do not call during peak hours – go off-peak hours. There will likely be a lesser number of customers on hold, which will reduce the time you will be kept on hold. Next, call only during your free time. Don’t call during working hours or when you are in the midst of doing something. Otherwise, you run the risk of ending the call before your query is addressed.
It is also a great idea to note down the details of your query or complaint in advance. This way, you won’t forget any important details. Remember also to keep relevant documents, such as receipt and statements, close by instead of running to search for them midway through a conversation.
Finally, it pays to be polite to the representatives. Aside from basic human decency, showing your anger or frustration at some random person on the other end of the line won’t be of any help.
Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.
6. ABOUT BARCLAYCARD
Barclaycard, a subsidiary of banking and financial services giant Barclays plc, is the largest issuer of credit and debit cards in the UK, with around 10 million individual customers. In fact, almost half of all card transactions in the country involve Barclaycard. Its financial numbers are not released by Barclays plc, but they probably account for a significant share of the parent company’s £7.4 billion revenue (2017) in the UK.
Barclaycard has a long and unique history. Established in 1966, the company became the first credit card issuer in the UK when it released the British Barclaycard in 1967, licensed under Bank of America’s Bank Americard (which would eventually be rebranded as the Visa card). Interestingly, despite the approval from the Bank of England for the extended credit facility for consumers, no other bank released competing credit cards. Many even rebuffed attempts by Barclays to share the cost of a common national standard and infrastructure for credit card transactions – a far cry from today where banks are practically giving away credit cards.
7. BARCLAYCARD on Social Media
• Facebook: https://en-gb.facebook.com/Barclaycard
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/BarclaycardNews
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+barclaycard
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Barclaycard
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/barclaycarduk/?hl=en
• LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/barclaycard
8. USEFUL URLS:
Barclaycard UK: www.barclaycard.co.uk
Barclaycard Corporate: www.home.barclaycard
Barclay’s plc: https://www.home.barclays/